Daily Adventures of a Stay At Home Mom

This is a blog so that when my husband comes home and ask what I've done all day, I can actually go back and show him.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Snip Snip - girly girl day

One day she'll love to go on outings like we did today - that's what I tell myself. Today Child got her hair cut. After hearing to husband complain endlessly about her hair, I gathered up Child and headed out to the hair cut place. Usually Child hates getting her hair cut. Well, the first time I cut her hair she did pretty good, last time it was ugly. This time we had a good experience, the hairdresser knew what she was doing and Child actually sat still. If you haven't been to a place that is designated for children to get their hair cut, I recommend that you take a peek. They have video games, prizes, toys, a whole bunch of stuff to keep your kid occupied so they don't mind someone coming at their head with scissors. Child got 2 lollypops and then she even got to trade in her hair for a prize. When I was little I either had to go to the Hair Cuttery or have my grandmother cut my hair. I left my haircuts with 1 lollypop (if I was lucky) and a bowlshaped hair do. That Dorothy Hamill, owes millions of girls apologies for having a hair style that looks like a bowl has been stuck on her head.

After the haircut, we visited my friends ZZ & A at my former place of work. It was great seeing them and Child had a ton running around in their office. Sometimes I miss working - but then I realize I only miss hanging out with ZZ & A and being in on the practical jokes. I don't miss the work part - when one of my 5 bosses would tell me to do some inane task that a helper monkey should be doing. We had lunch with them and had terrible service. We had Child's favorite food: pancakes & potatoes.

We proceeded to the mall after lunch where Child's foot got measured. Her foot has grown a whole size since May. Isn't that crazy? She has just gone through a growth spurt, where her torso has gotten longer so all of her shirts are belly shirts now. My daughter who has the look of a pre-pregnancy Brittney Spears with Oprah feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home