Daily Adventures of a Stay At Home Mom

This is a blog so that when my husband comes home and ask what I've done all day, I can actually go back and show him.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Honey, That's Not Helping Mommy

Child loves to help around the house. Unfortunately her type of helping does not actually lessen the load of housework around here, it usually doubles it. I wish I she could understand how to actually help.

Ways that Child could help:

1) To not scream and cry and attempt to run away during diaper changes. Being potty trained would help even more - however that's more of a miracle at this point.

2) To actually go take a nap when placed in bed during nap time.

Pulling off every item on shelves and then jumping on the trundle bed in a manner to hurt yourself - not helpful.

3) Not slamming the dishwasher door or pulling out all clean pots/pans/tupperware out of cabinents while Mommy is doing dishes

4) Not pulling items out of the trash

5) Playing quitely in the playroom that was the major decision factor in Mommy and Daddy buying this house

While typing this I observe Child putting Dorothy, Wags, and Henry to sleep. Why can't she go to sleep too?

2 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to terrible two.
    Did I actually had a second child?

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Black Cat said…

    oh, you know you love us! being a pain is our job.

    just wait until she becomes a teenager. ha,ha. she has to come over to my house and ill teach her everything i know! (manic laughter)

    except kumon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home