Daily Adventures of a Stay At Home Mom

This is a blog so that when my husband comes home and ask what I've done all day, I can actually go back and show him.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ho Ho I've remembered my password!

I'm in Canada now! It took forever to get here. It all started on Saturday and waking up at 5:30 to make sure that we got to the airport on time. Standing in a huge line at curbside to be told that our flight to DC was delayed and we wouldn't make our connection in Buffalo. Why was the flight delayed - is it because of mechanical issues? No the US Airways captain had arrived late and the plane was delayed 8 hours. Husband was not happy. The line inside was horrendous and after speaking to a US Airways rep. on the phone forever they saw that there was nothing that they could do. I asked for a refund and they gladly refunded my costs, as well as priceline for our car rental. I give Priceline.com my recommendations, but US Airways is a big stinky diaper. We decided to take our lovely minivan - since we had no other alternative and drive the whole way. It's amazing how the anger of a husband can fuel a van all the way up to Canada!

I would've posted this earlier but I couldn't remember my password.

Canada has been lovely. It's like a real vacation. Since we've gone to meet my entire family on my mother's side there have been plenty of people to watch Child. Husband and I went out without her 2 nights in a row! Can you imagine? We went out bowling and then we went to a race track where they had slots. I lost about $20.00 but Husband won $50.00 playing the Price Is Right Slots. He did so well, that my 2 cousins played and they lost about $60.00 combined.

Child is loving it up here. She's getting so much attention. She's a real actress and loves having an audience. We went to Ontario's largest pool yesterday and when she saw it she clapped, jumped up and down and said "yeah, pool , yeah, swimming" The water was freezing. How can people swim in 70 degree weather?

Today we go to Super Buffet. My husband and my cousin have made a bet on how many plates they can eat. Who will win? Who will get sick? Oh the drama! I'm sure we've gained 20 lbs each. All we've done is sit around, eat, and shop.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Black Cat said…

    canada was lotzlotz funfun, no? heheh! oops - im hannah!! my boring blog is at www.lotrkatfan222.blogspot.com. give martie kisskiss for me!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home