Daily Adventures of a Stay At Home Mom

This is a blog so that when my husband comes home and ask what I've done all day, I can actually go back and show him.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Lessons in Flying

Child and I have returned from the strange land of New Jersey yesterday. We went to visit Grammie. I learned that necessary items for flying are M&Ms and chocolate chip cookies. For our trip to Canada, I'll have to remember to buy these items before hand so I don't end up paying $10.00 at the airport for these two things. I've also learned that people are either extremely rude or extremely friendly. Traveling alone with a toddler is an adventure. It's not easy to take a child out of the stroller, take your shoes off, and shove the biggest carseat in the world through the x-ray thing. Oh yeah and you have to fold your stroller down and rip your child's security blanket away and put it through the x-ray machine too. You also have to reassemble everything too after it's been screened. For those of you who are wondering, how in the world do you carry a Britax Marathon carseat, push a stroller, and carry a 40 lb backpack that doesn't fit in the stroller. It's all about balance my friend. You flip the carseat upside down on the top of the stroller hood, hoping that it doesn't fall and smash your child's head in.

Well it's back to reality where I have loads of laundry to do. A sink full of dishes to clean and a non-napping 2 year old to chase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home