Daily Adventures of a Stay At Home Mom

This is a blog so that when my husband comes home and ask what I've done all day, I can actually go back and show him.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Officially Have Acheived Mom Status

We got a minivan this week. It's the ultimate car that says "I'm a mom and I lug my kids around" We got a Nissan Quest SL - not the top of the line Quest, but it still has features such as a DVD system, heated seats, side curtain airbags - aack did I just mention side curtain airbags??? What happened to me? I used to be so cool!

Let me just say that minivans have gotten bigger and I guess better since the minivans of yesterday. The first car that I got to drive was my parent 1984 Toyota Minivan (which still drives today). I dubbed that van the Beast. It was great. It was silver and you could fold the middle row seats down to make a bed. The Beast had been broken into so the doors didn't even lock and the thief took the radio, so I had a little radio that sat in the front seat so I could listen to my tapes. The Beast was the best.

The new Quest is pretty larger, and heavier. The seats don't fold down to make a bed, but you can recline the seat all the way back. Child loves the van. She calls it a "super car". But what's not to love - she can watch Strawberry Shortcake if she wants to.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home